Decorating one's home is always fun. It takes a lot of time and boosting passion to clear out the clutters, arranging things back in place and sometimes involving in Do It Yourself (DIY) acts on your walls. When I say DIY, you know what I mean - wall decorations with photos, arts, crafts and of course wall decals. Wall stickers are not new to me since I have already used and reviewed Instagram Wall decals in my blog. And this time it is not personal images but images similar to sticker printing. Yes! they are called as Cut it out wall stickers.
I was asked to select a product from cutitoutwallstickers.com website for my review. As I browsed their wall stickers, I saw lots of designs and colour options to choose from ranging from decals that fits in your children's room, hall, dining, kitchen and even the entrance. At first, I was drawn into selecting Sayings & Quotes vinyl stickers as they have some awesome writings and even some came with personalised names. But finally, I narrowed down my search to Trees and Flowers and ordered Hibiscus Flower Wall Sticker.
Before starting with "How to" and about my experience in using the wall stickers, here is the final output of the Hibiscus Flower wall stickers on my wall.
Packaging: The product came safe in a long cylindrical thick tube. Inside the tube was the Hibiscus Flower Wall Sticker rolled together. I was eagerly waiting to see my wall sticker that I saw in their website. And there it was. It was a little smaller than I imagined it to be and was planning which place I should stick it in my home.
It's time to get the work going. Before starting it, I went through the video of "How to Apply" from Cutitoutwallstickers website and having done watching it, I was ready to apply the wall stickers (vinyl stickers) on my home wall.
How to Apply A Vinyl Wall Stickers in 7 Steps
1. Choose the surface where you want to put your decal and clean it free from dirt or dust. Place your decal on a flat surface and rub over it using an applicator so that the heat builds up inside loosening the particles ready to stick over the wall. I used my card and my hand as an applicator.
2. Divide the decal into two equal halves (for making a hinge) using a tape like masking tape or cello tape making sure that the tape extends beyond the decal and stick it on the clear wall.
|Hibiscus Flower Wall Sticker|
3. Now, peel off the main decal at 180 towards the other side without touching it and stick to hold it on the other side.
4. Using scissors, cut along the white backing paper along the center (near the hinge).
5. Now you are ready to apply one half of the decal over the wall. Using the applicator, slowly rub the graphic onto your surface making it bubble free and paying attention to the corners. Most of the time, my hands were better to work around the wall sticker.
6. Similarly do the same on the other side of the wall decal and you are done. Allow some time say about 10 to 15 mins for the bond to activate between the decal and the surface
7. Now finally, remove the transparent application tape slowly and carefully by pulling back at 180 degree angle. Slightly rub the decal with a soft cloth In minutes, your blank wall is transformed into a lovely design.
One thing that I found annoying is that the wall decal did not stick easily to the wall as in step 5 above. Sometime I had to make sure that I carefully picked the decal from the main sheet using my fingers and then stick it to the wall. I used the pressure from my hand onto the wall stickers to make sure everything went well. But unlike other decals, this one did not turn into a mess since I found that the wall stickers can be corrected (before the actual decal to wall bonding happens) by peeling a little and sticking it again. Also, I found that the Hibiscus Flower Wall Sticker blended seamlessly onto my walls the next day. And so my final output was still a satisfactory experience and every morning as I look up my wall decorated with the wall sticker, I smile seeing the job perfectly done .
|Taken in Morning time !|
Disclosure : I received the above product for the purpose of writing a honest review. All opinions and the images above are my own.